This version of the TeamPlayer software enables multiple local (on the same location) and remote users (from remote locations) to be all present in, and interacting synchronously on one PC and in all applications that are running there. All local connected mice and keyboards will be synchronously present on screen. Participants can also use personal devices to connect and join the multi user session, either when locally present or connectiong from a remote location. Use a laptop, tablet, iPad or even smartphone as an input device. Each connected mouse, or connected personal device has his/her own unique cursor. All users are synchronously present and all can interact and collaborate seamlessly, in any application.
Note: this version of TeamPlayer does accept local and remote connecting users.
How to install and run the multi user tool:
- Download and install TeamPlayer5
- Attach more mice / keyboards to your PC (maybe you need an additional USB hub). Any USB, PS2 or BT mice and keyboards will do, touchscreen input is possible.
- Start TeamPlayer5; via the STARTmenu or desktop icon. Some session parameters can be set in the settings interface of the software.
- Only on the first startup you'll be asked for a serial key.
- Press ‘start session’ and start working together. Each connected user gets his own cursor.
- The TeamPlayer application window can be minimized to the taskbar.
- When your session is finished, click ‘stop session’ and quit the TeamPlayer. You are back to a standard one mouse system.
Note: How many connections(users) are allowed to your TeamPlayer session is determined by the license key you have obtained. Licences are avaible for several numbers of allowed users and allowed device connections.
Note: A non-licensed install (trail version) will run for free for 14 days, allowing max. 2 users.
When active, each connected input device will each get a unique cursor on screen which all are active on the same desktop. Each of the cursors can click somewhere on screen, i.e. in an application, and can interact there. Another user can click his/her cursor somewhere else and can interact and control there, synchronously!
Mouse / keyboard pairing
Each mouse will have a keyboard ‘paired’ to it, so a user will have his/her own input and interaction controls on the dekstop. Clicking anywhere with your mouse and typing some keys on your keyboard will ‘pair’ that mouse with that keyboard. Do the same for any other connected mouse and keyboard. This pairing will be persistant until a new device is plugged in or a device is removed from the PC. Note: multiple users can work together in the same application, albeit that non-multi user aware applications will limit concurrency somewhat. Normal human collaboration is very well possible and effective.
During an active session the label for each cursor can be edited. Each line in the editor represents a cursor label. An empty line will result in a cursor without a label. To use labels, the option must be selected prior to a session.
To store the labels for future session press Save & Apply. If you only need to change the labels for this session, just press Apply.
The label editor can be started by pressing the label button on the start-screen.
BYOD – Bring Your Own Device
This version of TeamPlayer additionally allows to use personale devices like laptops, tablets or even smartphones to be used as input device. To use a personal device, one must run the TeamPlayer-CONNECT app on the personal device. This CONNECT app makes a network connection.Get the free CONNECT app at: http://gettp3connect.com/
By clicking the Settings button, one can adjust some settings in appearance and operation. Network settings: Used when personal devices are connecting to the PC. See below ’Using personal devices as input’ Appearance: Colored and labeled cursors helps to identify oneself, when multiple cursors are active on screen! Use colors: When checked each cursor will have a unique color. Use labels: When checked each cursor will have a label attached to it, for easier recognition. Pointer size: Use the slider to increase or decrease the size of the pointers.
Mouse & Cursor
The appearance an behaviour of the cursors can be adjusted.
- The option USE COLORS will give all the cursors their own color.
- The option USE LABELS will give each cursor a text label. Text labels can be edited on the fly, so it is easy to assign each user their personal cursor.
- For large screens the cursor size can be adjusted using the CURSOR SIZE slider.
- The MOUSE SPEED slider gives you the ability to accelerate or slow down the mouse speed. Mouse speed may vary depending on the hardware used. Changing the speed may improve your experience.
- TeamPlayer can be configured to automatically start at the startup from Windows. To do so select RUN WHEN WINDOWS STARTS
- If you want to enter multi-user mode automatically when TeamPlayer is started select AUTOMATICALLY START SESSION
- To minimize TeamPlayer to the taskbar whenever a session is started select MINIMIZE TO NOTIFICATION AREA. When checked TeamPlayer will minimize to the notification area to keep your desktop clutter-free.
The LICENSE section will show you the number of users that can simultaneously use the computer using TeamPlayer. By default this is limited to 6 users. If you need more users, please contact DicoLab.
Here you can allow remote user to enter the session via network. See Remote connections for instructions to set up remote connections. The default port for network connections is 10244. If you adjust this to your situation know that the port number of the TeamPlayer Connect also needs to be adjusted.
TeamPlayer allows you to configure a keyboard shortcut to start and stop the multi-user functionality. You can define what keyboard shortcut you want to use. By default the keyboard shortcut for starting and stopping is SHIFT + ALT + T In the box "START / STOP shortcut" you can define what shortcut is used to toggle the session. Make sure you use shift, control or alt modifiers to prevent accidental toggling.
To be able to people to connect to your TeamPlayer session must know the IP address of your computer. In Window 10 you can find this by going to your Network & Internet configuration in your Settings.
Select the Wi-Fi or Ethernet, depending on the way you are connected to the network. Windows will show you the adapter that is “Connected.” If you select this, it will show you your IP address.
Configure TeamPlayer to allow remote connections. Remote connections in TeamPlayer 4 are an optional setting. Please make sure this option is enabled.
Start a TeamPlayersession. Both local user and remote user now can join the session.
The remote user starts the TeamPlayer3 Connect. In the settings the user can enter the ip address of the computer running TeamPlayer 4.
Start TeamPlayer Connect. To enter the remote computer, cross the top of your screen. Your regular mouse cursor will appear on the other computer.
Due to network configuration and firewall setting, incoming network connection are blocked. Please make sure that the Firewall allows connections on port 10244. This should be enabled automatically during the installation of the app.
When users connect via the internet instead of a local area network, the access to the hosting computer maybe impossible because of the router: the external IP address of the network may be different than the IP address of the computer. If this is the case port forwarding must be enabled in the router.
Some parameters have to be set in the TeamPlayer in order to be able to connect with personal devices to your TeamPlayer session on a host PC.
- Each personal device has to run the free CONNECT app
- Port number: In your TeamPlayer settings, one can set or change the port number. This port number has to be used in the CONNECT app also. (see User manual of the CONNECT app)
- Max. connections: The maximum number of connecting devices to your session
- Password: a session can be protected by a password. Connecting personal devices will have to enter this password in their CONNECT app, if a password is used. Note: For personal devices to connect to your PC there must be a network connection between them. The TeamPlayer needs a LAN, a WiFi or internet connection to the PC it is running on. Personal devices must be able to connect to your TeamPlayer computer. In the CONNECT app, participants will have to enter the hostname (or IP address) of your PC to be able to connect. Ask the session host or your system administrator if hostname or IP address is unknown
Runs on any current Windows PC (Win10) either 32- or 64-bit.
Any monitor set up is supported.
Multiple input devices attached to your PC (USB, PS2 or BT mice and keyboards).
Locally or remote connecting personal devices, like laptops, tablets or even smartphones can be used as input device also. (use the free ‘TeamPlayer-CONNECT’ app on your personal device and connect to the TeamPlayer session).
For remote connecting participants, use any existing screen sharing or remote desktop application you want.
The TeamPlayer software will work parallel to screen sharing applications. On can use in example Join.me, TeamViewer, standard Windows RDP or others.
Tips & FAQ
* Give participants who are new to multi user sessions some time to get used to the multi user environment.
As the whole world is not used to see multiple cursors on screen and to interact and collaborate synchronously together on one screen, the first minutes or so can be confusing.
* Not all cursors have to do something all the time together; normal human collaboration is more about that any user is present and can interact when needed.
* No more need to ‘hand over control’ and all participants see directly what a certain user is doing or intending.
* All software and applications in the world are non-multi user aware (except the DicoLab multi user applications). They are by nature not build for multi user interaction. Some functionality of applications are not concurrently multi user operable; the TeamPlayer software will notify this on screen, to keep a safe and stable system.
* When stopping the TeamPlayer software, all connected devices will be disconnected and control will be returned to the personal device.
* With this software, you can use any standard Windows application, now with more users!
DicoLab can not guarantee flawless multi user operation everywhere, as possible interference with some existing, third party applications or systems might occur.
* Please test drive in your environment.